Friday, September 6, 2013

zàijiàn - goodbye

Today I was actually able to teach my lesson in my homeroom class, because we had enough time. I taught them how to make ice cream cones. It was a little difficult because they didn't talk much, and when they did it was in Chinese. I get evaluated by my head teacher tomorrow, so she will be able to give me some pointers. I have this one kid in my class named Colton who is very disobedient. He often times is in a corner doing his own thing because the Chinese teachers can't get him to do anything. So today I tried get him involved and went over to him and started giving him high fives. I started walking backwards while giving him high fives to get him to sit down at his seat. As soon as we got half way he realized I was tricking him and ran back to his corner...

After school today we meet up with the Kaiyin group and hung out with them for a little bit. Then we took the shuttle to McDonald's again because we were craving an Oreo McFlurry. Then we went to the bakery to get some bread and peanut butter. Afterwards we relaxed at our apartment since we haven't done very much relaxing.

 This is part of my group and the part of the group from Kaiyin!

 This is the Kaiyin school - it's a lot bigger than my school because it's a boarding school.

 This is very common in China.

The entrance to our apartment complex. It's so pretty here!

No comments:

Post a Comment