Tuesday, September 10, 2013

bu young xie - you're welcome

Tuesday was TEACHER'S DAY! When we got to school kids were handing out flowers to all the teachers. One of my students mom came up to me after giving me a flower and said "Nicole doesn't know English yet." I was a little thrown off by her comment because I have literally only had lesson with my homeroom twice. What does she expect after the first week? For her daughter to be fluent in English.... Out of all my students she is one of the hardest students for me to get to speak. So i'm really going to have to focus on Nicole and getting her to speak. As my kids were lining up today to have outside time, little Bosco grabbed my hand and put it in his pocket of his pants. I think he was just trying to show we me he had pockets, because he grabbed the Chinese teacher's hand too. He is SO cute!!! After school we had another training meeting of how we can improve our teaching.

When we got home from school a few of us girls did some insanity! I get so lightheaded working out here. We sweat pools of sweat, so we have to drink a ton of water. After my apartment did some major cleaning. Then we got ready for our teachers day dinner. My school took all the teachers our to eat to this very nice restaurant. There were at least 50 teachers there (including the Chinese teachers) and there was a ton of food! They probably brought out around 20 platters full of food one right after the other. I ate duck, shrimp, beef, mushrooms, and chicken (the was included). However, majority of the food I ate I had no clue what I was eating... After they gave out prizes. The Chinese teachers acted COMPLETELY different at the dinner party then they do at school. They were singing, dancing and doing the splits at the party. At school I am sometimes scared to talk to them... The Chinese sure know how to party!

 Anna and I at the dinner

 All the ILP teachers at Bond

 First thing they brought out was this soup

 This plate had duck and bacon... the rest of the meat was mystery meat

 Mushrooms and mystery meat

 There is the chicken head!

 The shrimp... I had troubles peeling everything off

 Yummy soup with sprouts, beef and I don't know what else

 This had corn, nuts and some random things in it. It was pretty good!

 This was straight up beef so it was legit.

 Fish... I actually didn't try it because I got distracted with the prizes they were giving out
 Anna and I both won a bottle of windex... oh yeah!

 This was the dessert they brought out. It was some weird sticky jelly cake.

 This is me trying the dessert... 

 Me and my Chinese teacher! She is AWESOME. I'm so glad she helps out in my class, because she is very helpful and she is good with the students.


No comments:

Post a Comment