Sunday, November 3, 2013

Halloween day was insane! It was mismatch day so I wore my hot pink tights and my elephant shirt with two different pairs of socks and shoes. Because the Halloween party was later that day all the classes needed to practice their performances, so we did not have to teach out kids a lesson. During lesson time I played duck, duck, goose with my kids and did a puzzle. At the end of the lesson I gave each kid a piece of a chocolate cracker. When they ate the crackers they acted as if they had never tasted anything so good! They all yelled "TEACHA! YUMMY!" with their thumbs up. They are the cutest :) After school we had to get real busy and finish the haunted house. Thankfully, we finished well before the party started. Our Chinese coordinators claim that our haunted house was the best they have had so far. At the start of the haunted house we had a scary person open the door for the kids and then the kids walked under a curtain. Then they walked into the polka dot room, which I was in! The room had polka dots all over the room, while I was dressed in all black with polka dots on me. As the kids walked in I would sneak up on the kids and scare the kids with my scary face paint. One kid I scared so badly he just started at me for a whole minute with his eyes wide open not saying a word. Once his heart started beating again he yelled "TEACHA! HI TEACHA!" It was the hardest not break character with hm yelling that at me. After the polka dot room Nikki popped out at them from inside a coffin and then Alison would run at them down the hallway. Then they walked into a room with a bunch of balloons on the wall and on the floor. Holly would pop the balloons as the kids walked in and freak the kids out. Then the kids walked into a room with a long table with zombies crawling around it. As they walked by the table Carmen would lift up a bowl and Brittney's bloody head looked like it was laying on a platter. After the kids were grossed out by Brittney's head the next room was Anna as a mad scientist cutting open Karina with a meat slicer. We really pulled off a cool haunted house considering how little time we had. Later that night we got ready for the performance. I dressed up as a zombie construction worker and I looked super scary! Our teachers first performance was Party in the USA, then I danced to This Is Halloween with my class and my last performance was Time Warp with all the teachers. Everyone loved the performances! It was a super fun night!

No comments:

Post a Comment