Tuesday, October 29, 2013

yi bei niu nai - a glass of milk

Today we had crazy hair at school! Because it is the week of Halloween everyday we get to dress up! When we first walked into school the Chinese teachers were blown away with our crazy hairstyles. I don't think the Chinese really know what the definition of "crazy" means, because putting a ponytail on the side of your head is not crazy. We helped them fully embrace crazy hair day by doing their hair for them. Once I walked into my classroom not only did my students go crazy but my Chinese teachers went crazy. They loved my hair. I had two cups on the top of my head with my hair pulled through them, two bows on either cup and a baby ponytail in the back and not to mention I was wearing glasses with the lenses poked out. My kids rushed up to me in amazement and said "Teacha! Beautiful!" I was laughing so hard. Only a few of the kids in my class had "crazy hair". The ones that had "crazy hair" were two guys who actually styled their hair with gel for the first time and a girl with her ponytail on the top of her head. Teaching was a little difficult because the kids kept getting distracted by my hair, but because they loved my lesson of making paper planes I was able to divert their attention. After school I rushed home to sign up for classes for BYU! Thankfully I was able to get all the classes I wanted!

No comments:

Post a Comment