Tuesday, October 15, 2013

qian - money

We spent the next four days in Beijing doing a lot of shopping! We did all our shopping at the pearl market and the silk market. Bartering is a lot easier at the pearl market because the people at the silk markets are outrageous and try to rip you off big time. I really improved my bartering skills during these four days of shopping though! I learned to stick to my highest price and walk away if they didn't give it to me for the price I wanted. One day after shopping Trent and I got lost from the group AGAIN (it's seriously a curse we have when were together!) we went looking for a place to eat for dinner. We were both craving some really good Chinese food! You might imagine that would be an easier request since we are in China, but surprisingly we couldn't find any Chinese restaurants near the silk market. We ended up trying a Mexican restaurant we walked by. We made friends with the owner of the restaurant, Alex, and he gave us 20% off of our meal. Alex calls himself a "red neck Asian". He lived in the States for 30 years, a few other countries for a few years and has only lived in Beijing for a year. His restaurant had the BEST MEXICAN FOOD EVER!!! I never thought it would be possible to even find Mexican food in China!




No comments:

Post a Comment