Tuesday, October 22, 2013

qu - go

Today I didn't have to teach! We went on a field trip with our kids to the park. After eating breakfast we all lined up and walked to the park that was across the street. At the park we played games with the kids, ate snacks and took lots of pictures. I am starting to really enjoy my class. I love that I am able to communicate with them more. The little things they do every day makes them even more adorable! I still love to visit and say hi to my old class though! After we spent a few hours in the park we headed back to school. We ate lunch, had Chinese class and worked on our dances for our Halloween party at school! After school Melissa, Alison, Karina and I all went to the hairdresser. We supposedly just went to the hair dresser, but I seemed as if we went to a massage therapist and a chiropractor as well. I got taken to the back to get my head washed, but instead of sitting in a chair they had me lay on a massage bed. They began by rubbing my head, then they washed my head and continued massaging my hair and upper back. After they had washed my hair 4 times they placed hot rags over my eyes and underneath my neck. Then they massaged my arms and hands. They had me flip onto my stomach and massaged my back and neck. I finally got seated for the lady to cut my hair. Due to the lack of English the lady spoke I just showed her with my fingers how much I wanted cut. I was nervous we didn't discuss anything.... Thankfully she did a good job on my hair! The best part of the whole experience is it only cost me 48 yuan. That's about 8 US dollars!!! It's insane how cheap things are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment